Facebook Twitter Gplus LinkedIn RSS
 
 
Home » Blog » jQTouch Shows > as the Letter A

jQTouch Shows > as the Letter A

Published on April 22nd, 2012

I ran into the weirdest bug today using the latest version of jQTouch. When using the standard:

1
<li class="arrow">
<li class="arrow">

I would see the lower case letter “a” instead of the usual “>”. After a bit of searching I finally guessed correctly and added the following to the index.html in the header.

1
<meta charset="UTF-8" />
<meta charset="UTF-8" />

I’ve used this many times. Heck, I even think Dreamweaver automatically puts it at the top. However, I never actually thought it would do anything… haha!

About the Author: Sprawl

Stephen Russell is a Mobile App developer and all around IT geek that spends his days running data centers and his nights coding. This site is the go to place for all of zSprawl's work and the infamous development blog. In his free time, he enjoys tinkering with web code, playing video games, and otherwise plotting to take over the Internets.

 

2 Responses

  1. Eric

    Hi I’m just starting with jqtouch and are new to this web development thing in general. I had the same issue today and found out the same as you did by rewriting my code and comparing it with the demo file. Than it was working locally but when I copied it to my server it showed the a’s again :-O But I didn’t change the code.

    Maybe you have an idea what is wrong.
    That would be very nice. 🙂
    This is the Side.
    http://home.htw-berlin.de/~s0524142/ServerVersion/#home

Leave a Reply

© 2012 zSprawl's zApps

Fork me on GitHub